- Seals, insulates and protects against moisture and corrosion.
- Ideal for hard to reach places.
- High electrical isolation.
- By stretching and overlapping, the tape forms a homogeneous mass.
- Ideal product for effective repairs on pipes, tubes and cables.
- Easy – time-saving – reliable.
VULCANOVA TAPE (VLT)
A conformable, self-amalgamating tape based on polyisobutylene, colour black. Vulcanova Tape can also be used for protection against corrosion on metal pipework. Insulation against electrical loss show a high degree of stability under conditions of use. The tape is also highly resistant to prolonged immersion in water and has excellent resistance to ozone.
Why use VULCANOVA TAPE?
- insulation and protection of electrical connections and cables
- repairing and protecting of cable bundling
- corrosion protection of metal pipes
- temporary repairs of water hoses
- insulation of electrical connectors
- to improve all water resistance on electrical applications
- for joining (splicing) and repair of a wide range of power and distribution cables up to 46 KV
- Material: polyisobutylene strengthened by polyethylene.
- Thickness: 0.5 mm.
- Tensile strength: 2.0 MN/m².
- Elongation at break: 600%.
- Temperature range: -40°C up to +90°C.
- Water absorption: 0.4%.
- Electrolytic corrosion liability: none.
- Flammability: flammable.
- Resistance against ozone: excellent.
- Chemically resistant to: water vapour, corrosive vapours, thinned acids.
- Chemically not resistant to: oil, petrol, grease, solvents.
- Waterproof: yes.
- Weatherproof: yes.
- Dieletric strength: 40 KV/mm.
- Volume resistivity: 1,5 x 1013 Ohm/m.
- Dielectric constant: 2.5 (50 Hz).
- Power factor: 0.0014 (50 Hz).
- Adhesion: self-amalgamating.
- Vulcanova Tape is halogen free.
- First test foundations based on PE, PP, silicones and bitumen for adhesion (see each tape).
- Shelf life: 24 months, keep dry, cool and frost-proof.