- Converts rust into a remaining, stabilised and impenetrable layer.
- Neutralises rust trough a visible reaction.
- Economical and costcutting.
- An ideal undercoat or final layer in one product and can be applied easily with a brush or with a spray gun.
- Can be used curatively and preventively.
- To be filled and/or painted or after drying.
- Safe to use.
METALSOL (MTS) – RUST CONVERTER AND UNDERCOAT
Metalsol is a milky coloured synthetic emulsion that will convert the iron oxides into a tough, black layer after contact with steel and under the influence of air humidity. The metal organic layer obtained after curing will protect the surface against new rust formation. Metalsol doesn’t only function as a rust converter, but at the same time as ideal undercoat for the application of filler and laquer. Metalsol is water- and solventproof after cure.
Why use Metalsol?
Preventively and curatively treats rust in all industrial applications: maintenance, repairs or restauration works.
- Appearance: beige liquid turning black/blue in reaction with iron oxides.
- Liant: modified resins.
- Odour: slight.
- pH value: 1,5.
- Relative density: 1,02 ± 0,05.
- Solubility: miscible with water.
- Freezing point: ± 0°C.
- VOC g/L: 0.
- Application temperature: between +5°C and +40°C.
- Coverage: 20 to 30 m² according to the roughness of the surface.
- Drying time at 20 ° C and 60% R.H .: 3 hours.
- Shelf life: in closed packaging 2 years, in opened package 12 months. Store dry, cool and dark.
- Safety measures: consult the Safety Data Sheet.