- Unique bonding on steel, galvanized steel and polished aluminium.
- Easy to weld with both automatic spot welding and semiautomatic welding, both dry and wet.
- Offers a long-lasting protection and can be lacquered.
- No spatters with semi-automatic welding.
- Very fast curing.
- Can be finished off with all standard paints and lacquers.
- Very high performance – 7m²/bottle.
EASY WELD PRIMER (EWP) – STEEL CORROSION PREVENTION
Easy Weld Primer is a synthetic polyvinyl rust inhibitor primer. Easy Weld Primer has been developed in order to protect steel against corrosion for car body and fabrication purposes, without interfering with the weldability and structure of a standard paint system. Easy Weld Primer can be applied both before and after welding and offers a perfect rust protection as well as an optimum bonding after coverage with your paint system. Easy Weld Primer is perfectly sprayable because of its composition. The spraying pattern of the Easy Weld Primer aerosol containers is similar to the one of a conventional spray gun.
Why use Easy Weld Primer?
First coat that can be welded in the welding industry, general maintenance, car body work, garage,…
- Composition: synthetic polyvinyl resins, iron oxides, silicates, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Colour: red-brown.
- Aspect: matt.
- Viscosity: 17 sec. DIN4 (20°C).
- Dry substances: 72% (weight).
- Drying time:
- dust dry: 10 min. 20°C / 65% R.H.;
- touch dry 30 min. 20°C / 65% R.H.;
- dry: 1 hour 20°C / 65% R.H.
- Recommended layer thickness: 9-16 micron.
- Shelf life: 24 months, keep dry, cool and frost-proof.
- Safety measures: consult the Safety Data Sheet.