- Non-meltable, odourless silicone resin grease with exceptional lubrication properties.
- Harmless to the environment, without solvents or volatile silicones.
- Safe on all kinds of surfaces, like metal, rubber, lacquers and most synthetic materials.
- Temperature resistant from -50°C to + 200°C.
- Keeps rubbers soft and flexible and protects them against freezing or drying out.
- Works equally well in thin or thick layers -is water repellent, and electrically and heat insulating.
SILGREASE (SLG) – SILICON RESIN GREASE
Silgrease is a high-quality – non-meltable – silicone resin grease with exceptional lubrication properties. Silgrease is fully electrically insulating and protects against corrosion and oxidation. Silgrease has a temperature resistance from -50°C to +200°C. It keeps plastics and rubbers more flexible and gives them a longer life. Furthermore Silgrease does not affect the surface.
Why use Silgrease?
- sealing of electrical and electronic systems to prevent penetration of liquids
- protects ignition systems – prevents spark forming (Corona discharge)
- keeps rubber seals soft and flexible, to ensure good sealing (prevents leakages).
- protects against drying out
- ideal as a lubricant and a protector for parts, which are sensitive to water and corrosion
- anti-adhesive, dismantler for all kinds of surfaces, even at low winter temperatures (-50°C)
- protects and prevents bolts and nuts from seizing
- ideal as a lubricant for electrical wiring
- installation grease for water pipe connections and other seals
- prevent freezing and seizing of for example cold stores
- very good chemical and weather resistant
- suitable for use in food industry
- can not saponify
- door rubbers and boot rubbers: keeps these hollow rubbers soft and flexible, so that they keep closing well and don’t leak or squeak
- lubricates and protects conductors and joint points of window mechanisms and motor parts, because these are very sensitive to water and corrosion
- helps avoid rubber hoses from drying out
- prevents sticking and freezing of sunroof rubbers
- due to its temperature resistance it will not flow away or stain interior lining
- for the wind- and waterproof assembly of rear lights, aerials, screwed boot spoilers;
- makes these seals more flexible; dissassembly is easy and the excess grease is easily removable with Safety Clean
- does not attack car paint and is an ideal protection for welding works from, for example, thresholds, door pins, wings and electrical wiring
- protects electric components
- simplifies assembly of dust caps
- also the assembly of suspension rubbers for exhausts is simple now and Silgrease prevents creaking and squeaking
- simplifies the assembly of tyres and keeps the bead sot and flexible; prevents possible leakages
- prevents carbon deposition of discharges
- aids the assembly of tubes of cooling-water systems
- ideal for the oiling of mileage indicator cables and its mechanisms
- no damage to the bodywork because it does not contain any volatile or spreadable silicones
- makes plugs from trailers fully waterproof and makes assembly and disassembly very easy
- for the treatment of the following components against the penetration of liquid, oxidation and flash-overs of high-voltage impulses: sparking plug cables, distributors, engine and interior mechanism, ignition coil, PCB’s, ignition module
- for the protection and treatment of all multiplugs, which are sensitive to oxidation, liquids and temperature, like converters, stationary control valve, sensors of throttle, valve and air quantity meters, fuses,… for the greasing, protection and waterproofing of relays and switches,…
- as an assembly grease for the module on the distributor: protects it against high temperatures
- seal grease: simple assembly; applicable for all seals in contact with hot and cold water
- can not saponify
- suitable for lubrications and protection with transport of food products
Silgrease should not be applied on surfaces that are to be painted.
- Base: silicone resin.
- Form: pasta.
- Colour: white, transparent clear.
- Odour, taste: neutral.
- Penetration: 225 mm in state of rest; 270 mm in movement; 240 mm in working after 24 h at 200°C.
- Electrical resistance: 1015Ohm.
- Dielectrical constant: 2.6.
- Melting point: none.
- Breakdown voltage 19,5 KV/mm.
- Temperature resistance: -50°C to +200°C.
- Volatile components: none.
- Shelf life: 24 months, keep dry, cool and frost-proof.
- Safety measures: consult the Safety Data Sheet.