- Consists of two layers.
- Outside layer shrinks. Inside layer of adhesive melts.
- The adhesive seals the connection completely, making it strong and perfectly waterproof.
- Excellent corrosion, U.V., water, chemical and acid resistance.
- Can be applied directly to copper.
- Thermoflux moulds to any shape.
- Fast, simple and safe to use.
- Flame retardant and permanently flexible.
- Easy to apply.
THERMOFLUX (TMX) – SHRINKABLE INSULATION TUBE
Thermoflux is a flexible, heat shrinkable dual wall tubing with an integrally bonded meltable adhesive inner lining, designed to provide permanent moisture proof encapsulation to a wide variety of substrates and uses. Thermoflux has a unique inner wall which melts when heated and is forced into the crevices and interstices by the shrinking of the outer wall. When cooled the entire mass becomes a flexible, tough homogeneous covering with a controlled wall thickness. Thermoflux is manufactured from radiation cross-linked polyolefins. Thermoflux shrinks to 1/3 of its supplied diameter and thus only a few sizes (8) are required to cover a full range of irregular shapes in a wide variety of applications.
Why use Thermoflux?
- insulation and protection of wires and components
- wire terminal protection
- reinforcement of wire splits
- prevention of electrolytic corrosion
- insulation and protection of automotive electrical parts
- protection of coaxial cable connectors
- synthetic, fuel and hydraulic oil resistant applications
- can be used on all electrical applications (cables – cables splycing – connections), to insulate, to protect and to seal. Can be used in contact with chemicals. Is not resistant to earth alcalines. Protects metal tubing against corrosion and wear.
- Temperature resistence: -55 + 150°C.
- Shrink temperature: 125°C.
- Shrink ratio: 3/1.
- Tensile strenght ISO 37: 11.5 MPa.
- Ultimate elongation ISO 37: 490%.
- Flexibility: flexible.
- Dielectric strength I EC 243: 30 MV/m (VDE 0303 Pt2).
- Electrical resistance: 1013Ohm.
- Flame retardancy ASTM D 876, ASTM D 2671: Inner wall: no. Outer wall: yes, retardant.
- Fluid resistence ISO 1817 and ISO 37 Immersion 24h at 23°C: hydraulic fluid: excellent; aviation fuel F 40: good; lubricating oil 0-149: good; Diesel fuel F-54: good.